Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

15 November 2006

Win v. Brahe

November 14, 2006 11:33pm

Win v. Brahe

We won our game tonight by about 20 points. It was against Brahe Basket – they had a couple Americans, but I didn’t know of either of them – their team was ok, but definitely among the weaker of the teams we’ve played. Our first half was terrific… we had lots of transition baskets, offensive rebounds, and pretty intense defense. We didn’t come out so strong in the second half, but we still managed to do well enough to win by an ok margin. Agga – our 36-year-old post player – had 18 pts and 19 boards! I was excited for her to have such a good game. Emma did well running. Catie, one of the younger girls, got a chance to play more minutes than normal, so that was good too. I don’t know how many fans were in attendance, but there were definitely a lot of excited little girls. They all came up for autographs after… we mostly sign paper and shirts, but afew of the girls have us sign their arms – hehe. Hopefully they won’t get ink poisoning (i think they will be ok ;) ). We have practice tomorrow; I imagine it could be and should be pretty challenging.

After the game tonight, Erin and I went out with Lauren for pizza. I think I already mentioned this, but the pizza here is way better than at home (well, at least I think so). I had tuna, olives, and onions tonight on a super thin crust. The pizza place was by Lauren’s apartment, so it was good to see a different part of the city.

Nothing much more happened today, except for shoot around this morning and a good nap this afternoon. Oh, just a random detail that doesn’t matter much… I thought I had booked my ticket to come home, but today I received some email (in Swedish) from the company I booked the flight through. Good thing I asked someone to read me the email – the company couldn’t confirm my credit card info, so I really never booked it. That would have been a total bummer if I ignored the email, thought I had booked the ticket, and then tried to fly home with no success! So today I made another booking and then called on my cell to pay the bill. I hope it worked this time!!

No comments: