Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

18 November 2006

reading

November 17, 2006 10:19pm

Trying to get on the internet; sitting outside right now avoiding raindrops. My usual spot is not working so well. I really hope I get a connection in my internet soon.

Today we had shooting practice. We (Jenny, Erin, and I) basically ran it by ourselves (instead of Anders because he couldn’t make it on time) and it was lots of fun that way. After practice, I hung out in the cafĂ©, drank some chai tea, and read a paper that Aaron sent to me entitled “Pili in gram positive pathogens.” It was a review article published this summer about the subject on which the lab I might be helping in does their research. I actually understood much more of the article than I expected too. I had such a fun time reading it. It’s great to be reading academic pieces (with a specific purpose) again! I also just finished reading the fiction book I borrowed from the Stockholm City Library.

Tonight we had practice and then went to watch the Solna men’s game (Jenny’s boyfriend plays on the team). Tomorrow I’m meeting up for lunch with a girl I met at church. After that, hopefully, I am going to look for some yarn and needles with Jasmina so I can start knitting again. Bye for now.

No comments: