Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

03 November 2006

Snu

Nov 1, 2006 10:25 pm

During lunch yesterday, I asked one of the other coaches how to say “snow” in Swedish. “Snu” she said. Then she added, “And, it’s supposed to snow tonight or tomorrow!” Really?! I miss the snow so much. Last night I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve, who keeps looking out the window all through the night in hopes of a white Christmas. During the night I kept waking up and looking for snow falling outside my window. Well, it finally did. Snowed this morning, stopped for a bit around midday, then started up again this afternoon and evening. Yay! I had to wear my boots . It was so slippery and icy outside that Anders canceled our scouting trip because the car we were planning on taking wouldn’t have been safe enough on the snowy roads. Tunnels and roads were shut down. The head coach for the men’s team didn’t even get to the game to coach his team until half-time because there was such great delay on the roads due to the weather! I don’t know why I get so excited by snow. I mean, it snows lots of places, and most likely will snow much more here. Most people tire of it. It can be dangerous and uncomfortable. I don’t know though, I guess I just think it’s beautiful. All these crystals… drifting down or maybe flying horizontal if the wind is fierce enough. How can I be so romantic about snow? Haha. Perhaps by the end of the winter, or maybe just by the end of November, I will have had enough of the cold, white flakes. Perhaps not though. I think one of the reasons I like snow so much is because each crystal is unique. Isn’t that awesome? And beautiful?! Each crystal is a new piece of art. Thinking of snow makes me think of God.

No comments: