Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

01 November 2006

Happy Halloween

October 31, 2006

Coached all day at Alvik again. The kids are so cute. Especially the little ones. We had this tiny 6 year-old-boy there today, Gustav. Gustav could barely reach the basket when he shot, but oh he did try. The coaches also put the kids through some pretty elaborate obstacle courses… dribbling on top of benches and jumping over them! The little kids! They were great at it, well, mostly. Gustav took a couple tumbles, but he was ok. Two of the players from the 08 men’s team were there to help too. One of them, #8 (I don’t remember his name), was pretty tall… he would lift Gustav up so that he could dunk it. Once Gustav grabbed the rim, he wouldn’t let go! Everyone at camp couldn’t stop laughing. After camp, which lasted most of the day, I just hung around in the gym because it’s one of the places I’ve found with internet access. I just found out yesterday that I won’t have internet in my apartment for 2 – 4 weeks. I don’t know the exact reason, but at least I now have a TV that works and a new DVD player. However, I think the DVD player only plays discs from Europe. Does anyone know how to switch the “region” on these international DVD players?

Anyway, while I was waiting around at the gym, another little boy was waiting for his father to come pick him up. This one is my favorite (though I don’t know his name!), he has a mop of white-blond hair and the cutest smile. His ball got stuck above the backboard, so I tried to help him. Haha. I got another ball stuck and my shoe. Oh well, eventually we got all three items down and had a good laugh about it.

I passed my physical with the team trainer, Gregor, and he said that I should wait a few more days to take my stitches out. The doctor who stitched me up said I should take them out on Sunday (last Sunday), but Gregor says I should wait. I’m ready to take them out, but I don’t want Gregor to get upset with me. Either way, I will get them out soon… then I will be able to really see how much of my eyebrow I lost (or did not lose). Oh guess what? We might get some snow tonight! Maybe not in the heart of Stockholm because the water serves as a buffer, but perhaps in the suburbs of the city. I hope so!

No comments: