Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

04 November 2006

Connected from the Start

I had just been to the hospital to stop the bleeding and get all stitched up when Putte’s cell phone rang. He gave me the phone and said it was for me. What?! Who would be calling for me. Like I had any friends in Sweden?! ;) (remember, this was back on day 2 that I was even here.) Well, it was this super sweet, caring, and concerned voice… no joke, seriously… Jasmina was calling to check on me. Since then, I knew we would be good friends . (How am I doing Jas?  jk. Really that meant SO much to me – more than a blog could ever do justice - knowing that she cared enough to call). So Jas called to check on me that first night, and since then has been most amazing at including me, showing me around, and letting me tag along . You know those friends that sometimes you start to take for granted (but never ever should!) just cause they never stop being nice, and funny, and helpful (even if you don’t know how to do your own laundry), and make fun of you once-in-a-while, and care for you too… well, Jasmina is one of those. She just gives of herself (and I know that she’s gonna think this is cheesy and stuff), but just as a little shout out to her – thanks Jasmina. You of all people make me feel really welcome, comfortable being myself, and really smiley to be here. Thanks. Oh, and I think I may be coming over to watch Grey’s. Yeah? What do you think? Love you!!

No comments: