Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

24 February 2012

Home sick

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.” (Psalm 103:8)

Last night I went to bed feeling great. I was excited for my last day at the hospital and happily anticipating our trip to Pokhara on Saturday for our week-long trek. Well, a few hours into sleep, things went from great to okay and from okay to bad. I seem to have come down with some bug - hopefully of the 24-hour variety - that kept me up all night and kept me from going into work this morning. Feeling sort of down and pretty crappy, I curled up in my bed (so thankful to have a bathroom just steps away) in hopes of feeling better.

I write this post not to seek sympathy, but to share the power of community and prayer. Libby offered to do anything at all, as soon as I broke the news that I'd not be joining her at the hospital today. In fact, she is doing a number of favors for me today. Miley - our house "didi" - busy washing laundry, cleaning dishes, keeping everything tidy - came into my room to check-on me... she had a sense without even have seen me that I was sick today. Not too long after her visit, Ross - another housemate - a man who has diligently been coming here for over 30 years to work on Bible translation, came to offer any help that he could be. Just now I wondered downstairs to find a DVD in our common room. There I met a Canadian couple, about to head out from the house here to do some Christian ministry work in a village outside the valley. They prayed for me.

I'm not feeling 100%, not by any means. But, my spirit feels much refreshed. As you go about your day and decide whether to reach out to another (or not), know that Jesus will work through you to heal in so many ways, in tiny ways and big ones, if only you call on Him.

I'm supposed to head over to Kathmandu later tonight to meet Emily and bring her back to my guesthouse so that we can prep for our journey that's scheduled for an early morning departure tomorrow. I know it is all in God's hands. Pray that His mighty will be done!


From our rooftop on laundry day: black socks, solar water heaters, and mountains in the distance.


1 comment:

Marlene said...

I hope you are feeling better Krista!