Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

13 March 2007

Tourny Time

March 13, 2007 6:44am

Well, I didn’t sleep very well last night… I couldn’t stop thinking about the NCAA tournament! I needed to know where we were seeded in those brackets!! And, given that all the games before the final four can be played in Palo Alto and Fresno, I’d say we’re in a pretty good spot. Now, I just can’t wait to watch everything unfold :)

By brother is here visiting this week, and another friend arrives here this morning. They come just in time for our own playoffs here. Last night we had our first game of our quarter-final series, and we beat the opposing team by 30 points or so. They did have two Americans on their team and another talented import post-player, but one of the Americans was sent home because she’s been here for more than six months and violated Sweden’s 6-month-tax-rule… an unfortunate break for them, but also not so careful planning either. The game yesterday was at Fryshuset, tomorrow is a 4-hour bus ride away, and then we play home on Saturday at Åkeshov. I really hope we can wrap the series up by Saturday afternoon (then, I can enjoy the weekend by watching NCAA tourney games!).


Nothing much more to report on at the moment. March certainly is “basketball, basketball, basketball!” And, I love it!

No comments: