Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

08 March 2007

Get this bus home! :)

March 8, 2007 2:42am

Ok, so its now almost three in the morning and we still have a couple hours left to our trip home (i think). Pretty much everyone seems to be sleeping now on the bus. The driver even provided us with these narrow little sleeping pads that allow some of us to lie in the aisles and create a makeshift bed. These are especially helpful for those of my teammates who have to get up and go to work tomorrow. For me though, I’ll probably just go into lab after I sleep late (hopefully I will be able to sleep late), so I’m still awake right now.

We are on our way home from a win against Jamtland. This is a team who has a very strong record at home – maybe with only a couple losses all season there, but a not-so-almost-perfect record on the road. Anyway, the game didn’t matter much for us. In fact, because going into the game we knew who we would play in the playoffs whether we won or loss the game, we sorta could determine our quarterfinal match-up. Of course no coach wants to scratch a game, well maybe some do, but we weren’t going to travel 8 or 9 hours on a bus to lose a game purposefully. Everybody got to play, everyone did some good things, and we won by 2 points. Now, just to finish the ride home.

On Friday I’m hoping to go to an influenza conference hosted by some scientists at Karolinska Institute and then on Saturday Noah gets here! I’m really interested in what some of the guest speakers and researchers will be sharing about the influenza epidemic. They are coming from all over the world – including a few from California universities, though I don’t believe from Stanford – to present and share their work and thoughts here in Stockholm. And then of course, I’m super excited for Noah to arrive.

Perhaps I will try to fall asleep now. God natt. Oh, my teammates say that I’m beginning to sound more Swedish. Yay!

No comments: