Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

21 December 2006

Tack sä mycket.

December 21, 2006 4:13pm

Tack tack tack tack!! Judy, Paige, and Marissa… thank you SO much! You don’t even know (or, perhaps you planned it all) how perfect the package was!! First of all, green is my favorite color – so, I would have been more than excited just to receive a bright green, bubbly envelope in the mail! Then… the cards… I love them both. The Snoopy doctor card brought quite the smile to my face… though I’m not there yet (the doctor thing :) ), it is my dream, so I very much appreciate the thoughtfulness and support there!! Then, the Christmas card is most terrific. Where did you get a card printed in Sweden from?! The little girl giving nose-kisses to Santa is most adorable. Then, I did not yet even mention how as soon as I opened the envelope, I was overcome by this wonderful fragrance – something yummy and something chocolaty. “Dark Decadence” from Ghirardelli – now I get to celebrate Christmas with something from San Francisco and delight in my absolute favorite kind of chocolate (dark!). Did you have all these details figured out when you sent the package? Thank you so much for the gift, but greater thanks to you just for the thought, staying in touch, and for the fun conversations we have over Skype! Merry Christmas. Go Stanford!!

Hej mamma och pappa. Tack sä mycket. It sometimes could be easy to take family for granted, especially a family that unconditionally loves, supports, and encourages me to do whatever it is I am dreaming of. I want you to know that nothing I could ever say or do is great enough to show my thanks for all that you do for me and for all you have given me. Nothing comes close. So, even though today one does unfortunately come to “expect” presents from family at Christmas time, I want you to know that I truly appreciate the cards you send me here and this package too. I know how crazy busy life can be, so I am totally grateful for you making the time to get some mail sent off to Stockholm. So, thank you for the nativity scene (yes, I can make my own stable – after all, I have practice at being the inn keeper!) and for the beautiful ornament (and snow globe! Perfekt!!). I can’t express how excited I am to come home and share Christmas with you! I don’t know if I will even be able to sleep tonight (sort of like Christmas Eve, when you’re a little – and sometimes big – kid). See you in Boston!! Love you lots and lots and lots.

No comments: