Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

27 November 2006

Magic

November 27, 2006 8:33pm

Magic

Just finished up with practice, a yummy pork and potato dinner (no, I didn’t make it! rather, I ate at the café at our club), and some good conversation with Erin. Returned to my apartment for the first time since 8:30 this morning, after being gone to lab and practice all during the day. Opened my door and… tons of mail! Well, mostly it was a bunch of Christmas shopping flyers (but that’s great, cause as some of you know, I love to look at all the ads in the papers – haha – childhood pastime I think while my dad always read the morning paper!). In addition, there was one very special letter. Harriet, thank you for the card and for the newspaper clipping. The note meant so much to me and the article, well it gave me goosebumps. Titled “The camp that changed my life” and written by Colin Glaes (aged 15), the article was about how much Camp Kesem means to Colin. I had Colin as a camper my first year that I volunteered at camp. Camp Kesem is just such an amazing experience for everyone involved. It’s simply impossible to put into words the true magic that happens there (Kesem means “magic” in Hebrew; it really is the perfect name for this camp). Thank you Harriet for sending this to me. I am going to hang it up on my wall as a daily reminder of how small we are, how great God is, and how every little bright spot in life is a dear blessing.

No comments: