Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

03 November 2006

Ikea Buss

November 2, 2006 9:57pm

Most of you know that Ikea started in Sweden. Did you know that only “poor” people used to go to Ikea in Sweden? Then it started taking off around the world, and it became much more popular for everyone to go to back home in Sweden too. Anyway, today I took the “Ikea Buss” to the largest Ikea store in the world. There is this free bus that you can pick-up throughout downtown Stockholm and its sole purpose is to bring you further south to the actual store. I had never even been through an Ikea before (only quickly in and out of the exit of one in CA), so this was quite the experience! I bought some needed dishtowels, lightbulbs, and washcloths. I also had fun buying a few things to liven up my apt… not too much, but just enough to add some greens and blues to the place. Now you’ll really have to come see what it looks like.

The bus to Ikea was packed and everyone seemed to be speaking Swedish (as I would expect), but then this lady (with bright green boots and bag! Wowy) started talking to me. She thought she knew me. She thought I was an English teacher in one of the English schools here. She was quite convinced. In fact she even asked me where I was from to see if I could be this other girl’s twin (she – my twin - is from Philly). I wonder if I will ever run into her. Strange.

Last Ikea bus story… after I finished shopping, I was ready for an ice cream cone. I don’t know why, but I just was. So I bought the cone and went outside to wait for the bus. Sooo many people were waiting for the bus. They probably thought I was pretty crazy to be outside in the icy weather with an ice cream cone. Anyway, I was happy .

No comments: