Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano
Lake Atitlan from the San Pedro Volcano

31 October 2006

Week One Recap

So I’ve been here for exactly a week now. It’s funny to think it was just a week ago that I was meeting my coaches and teammates for the first time, unpacking my suitcases, and trying to figure out how to get where I needed to be via the subway (well, I guess I’m still working on that one). I feel like I’ve learned a lot and already have become really close to many of my teammates. I really am so thankful for how welcoming, friendly, and helpful everyone has been. I didn’t really know what to expect. And believe me, the experience so far has exceeded my expectations. Yes, I do realize I’m probably still caught up in the excitement of moving to a new place (well, a new country!) and playing basketball for my job (what?! That’s crazy.). Yes, I do have to get my stitches out tomorrow, but hey – at least I’ll have some fun memories associated with my new scar!  I really am looking forward to what the next six months will bring. Please be praying for the team, the coaches, others with whom I may cross paths, and for the rest of my time here. Pray that I am able to give back and be as much or more of a help to others, as everyone has been to me. Thanks so much for all your support and encouragement. I absolutely love hearing from you (and though I don’t always respond in a timely fashion, please forgive me – I am still trying to search out places where I have access to the internet, and often times I am huddled outside typing with my gloves on). And, please, I know I don’t need to say it again, but my door is wide open… I would love for you to come and see what life is like here! God Bless and Happy Halloween!!

No comments: